Friday 13 September 2013

My new mission begins.

Three days ago, on Tuesday, I arrived in my new parish. It is the parish of St Ignatius in Ossett, near Wakefield. Of course, there are boxes everywhere and I greet much of my stuff, as I unpack it, as I would an old friend; it is over five years ago now that I packed all these things away as I prepared to leave for Australia. It is with a certain sense of relief - that I can establish myself again here in England, and also of hope - that the home mission has such strength - that I begin this next stage in my priestly mission.
The photo above shows the interior of the church - a tribute to both the parishioners and the last Parish Priest. Below are photographs of the presbytery and the garden. In due course I hope to post about my mission here as it begins, and after I have settled in a little more.

 

1 comment:

torchofthefaith said...

It is good to know you are back in the UK Father Richard.

Welcome home!

Alan and Angeline Houghton